The Birth Coach Method is a paradigm shift in the doula practice. Founded by Neri L. Choma, MA, CBD, CBE, CHT, and Life Coach, with the goal of training birth doulas as birth coaches, with coaching tools and leadership skills.
We believe that birthing mothers need leaders by their side, to lead them towards their ideal birth experience. We certify leaders who are knowledgeable about every aspect of the birth, and in addition practice like coaches. Here are a few examples of the coaching skills our students learn:
- Facilitate the couple in setting realistic goals.
- Help the couple become clear on what is important for them.
- Distinguish fears from reality and truth from myth about birth.
- Provide support during the birth with a variety of labor support tools and coaching skills to invite progress and to cope with discomfort and pain.
- Practice with coaching models when supporting the couple in taking the decision that is right for them.
- Create trust and collaboration in L&D between all the parties involved.
- Facilitate flexibility and adjustment when reality dictates them, and allow both empowerment and acceptance when needed.
- Recognize what is in the scope of the birth coach practice and its value.
If you are looking to become a Birth Coach , we invite you to learn about the unique features of our program on Our Program page.
If you are already a Birth doula, or any other type of Birth Professional, and are looking for professional enrichment, please visit our Products for Professioanls category, and choose the classes you want to learn.
We have developed educational products for expectant couples as well.
Make sure to take the time to download the Free Report: Five Best coaching tools To lead Birhting Moms to a Healthy and Active Birth.