A CEUs Approved Workshop for Doulas and Childbirth Educators Who Wish to Expand their Services to include Prenatal Coaching
(Birth Coach Method is a BRN approved provider and can grant CEUs for most certifying organizations, including DONA and ICEA)
Bring us to Your Community!
Contact us to learn how to bring our workshop to your community. We will work with you to find a hosting venue and promote the workshop, and – – you will attend the workshop as our guest! Email us and let’s make it happen!
For as many years as I can remember, birth support professionals have been comparing birth to a marathon run. But we never really stopped to reflect on the full meaning of this metaphor. It means that expectant mothers need to be coached prenatally in order to make it to the ‘finish line’ – healthy, vaginal and positive childbirth. Coaching your birth client prenatally is the pathway to a healthy and positive childbirth experience.
In this one day workshop, you’ll learn the basic principles of modern coaching; the same ones as executive coaches, life coaches or career coaches use. These principles and strategies all began in sports and migrated to other areas of life where people can benefit from coaching. It is now time for birth keepers to integrate them into birth support.
For the workshop’s outline click HERE
Here is what you can expect to learn:
- The origin, principles and basic structure of modern coaching.
- The differences between coaching, teaching, supporting and inspiring.
- What makes coaching so perfectly applicable to childbirth support, and how to apply the coaching strategies in our field of practice.
- The role, strategies, and structure of prenatal coaching.
- How to utilize the insights of prenatal coaching during birth.
- How to facilitate clarity of goals, alignment between beliefs, wishes and actions, and the accountability of your client to her childbirth experience.
- Childbirth educators will learn to provide their students with complimentary coaching sessions tailored to their needs, challenges, strengths, and goals.
- Doulas will learn to clarify their clients’ goals, lead their clients in a self-discovery process to facilitate clients alignment and accountability to their own process.
- Engage in dynamic exercises and learn to ask strong coaching questions and lead a coaching conversation.
*A full refund if canceled before Sept. 1oth. due to attending a birth7 days prior to the workshop day. A $45 non- refundable fee for canceling thereafter, which can be used for online store purchases.
*Holding the workshop depends on a minimum registration of 8 participants prior to Sept. 10th.
Latest posts by Neri Life-Choma (see all)
- The Doula: Peer, Companion, Lay Woman or A Birth Support Professional? - November 23, 2019
- From Prenatal Yoga Poses to Desired Birth Visions - October 16, 2019
- Fresh from the Oven: Sharing from our Birth Support Coaching Course - September 17, 2019