Is Coaching the Missing Piece? Let’s Explore it Together!
For as many years as I can remember, birth support professionals have been comparing birth to a marathon run. However, we never really stopped to reflect on the full meaning of this metaphor. From a coaching perspective, It means that expectant individuals need to be coached prenatally – before the marathon, in order to make it to the ‘finish line’ – a healthy, vaginal, and positive childbirth experience.
Who is this workshop for?
The workshop is for all birth support professionals – doulas (birth and postpartum), childbirth educators, prenatal yoga teachers, and others.
What can you expect to learn?
In this half-day online workshop, you’ll learn the basic principles of Transformational Birth Support Coaching. The workshop will enable you to implement some basic coaching strategies and design a prenatal coaching session. This intro will allow you to acknowledge the value of incorporating transformational coaching and you’ll consider becoming a certified transformational birth support coach.
- The origin, principles, and basic structure of modern coaching.
- The differences between coaching, teaching, and supporting.
- What makes coaching so valuable to childbirth support
- The structure of prenatal coaching.
- How to utilize the insights of prenatal coaching during birth.
- How to facilitate clarity of goals, alignment between beliefs, wishes, and actions, and the accountability of your clients to their childbirth experience.
- Learn to provide complimentary coaching sessions tailored to individuals’ needs, challenges, strengths, and goals.
- Practice scenario-based prenatal coaching and experience the difference!
For the workshop’s outline click HERE
Bring the workshop to your community:
You can either virtually bring this workshop to your local community of birth professionals and make it a fun learning experience with your professional community, or join a scheduled virtual session and meet birth professionals from around the world. Choose what’s most comfortable for you.
Contact us today: neri@BirthCoachMethod to learn how to organize a special event for your community.
*A full refund if canceled up to 5 days prior to the workshop scheduled day. A $45 non- refundable fee for canceling thereafter can be used for online store purchases.
*Holding the workshop depends on a minimum registration of 10 participants prior to the workshop day.
Latest posts by Neri Life-Choma (see all)
- Transformational Postpartum Coaching: Promoting New Parents’ Self-Confidence and Well-Being - October 21, 2020
- Revamping Labor Support with Transformational Coaching - September 22, 2020
- Being in Support of Vs. Supporting through Childbirth; What’s the Difference? - August 18, 2020