New Course: Coaching for Pregnancy and Birth
Coaching for Pregnancy and Birth is a 7 lesson course, supported by 8 Zoom meetings. It is based on the book The Art of Coaching for Childbirth. In this course, I teach birth support professionals, such as childbirth educators and birth doulas, to coach pregnant women and their birth partners throughout the pregnancy, a healthy birth, and during the postpartum period. You’ll learn to provide client-centered support throughout the journey in order to
- Facilitate clarity about couples’ belief system
- Distinguish truth from myth and fears from reality
- Increase couples’ confidence and reduce fears
- Foster new skills and utilize areas of strength
- Set-up tangible goals and the steps to achieving them
- Align your clients’ beliefs with their wishes and actions
Expanding your services to include a series of prenatal coaching sessions will allow you to:
- Help expectant couples navigate through the abundance of information, based on their belief system, and help them avoid being overwhelmed by it.
- Spend more time coaching your clients prenatally and fewer hours supporting them throughout labor.
- Elicit your client’s accountability to their desired experience of pregnancy and birth.
- Avoid professional burnout, which is often the result of your clients’ lack of alignment and low level of commitment to their desired experience.
- Join thousands of coaches that already lead clients to optimally perform and overcome internal resistances in various areas of life.
- Coaching is the art of leading a change; lead the change by facilitating a healthier concept of pregnancy and birth in our society.
- By becoming a coach you are expanding your leadership strategies and areas of expertise and can increase your income.
- Bonus lesson: Establishing your birth and pregnancy coaching practice
- Childbirth Support in Review and the Value of Integrating the Principles and Strategies of Coaching into the Field.
- Introduction to Coaching: The Origins, Philosophy, Scope, Professional Competencies and Basic Terminology.
- The Structure and Strategies of the Coaching Process: The GROW Model of Coaching and its Application to Childbirth Support.
- Prenatal Coaching: The Foundation of Client-Centered Pregnancy and Birth Support.
- Coaching through Labor Pain and the Fear of it.
- Coaching through Medical Conditions and Impositions.
- Coaching for a Healthy Closure of the Birth Experience.
Who Can Apply?
All certified childbirth educators, birth doulas, and prenatal yoga teachers with at least 2 years experience can submit an application.