The Most Comprehensive Hands-On Guide for a Healthy and Active Birth (DVD)
After teaching this workshop for 12 years in Palo Alto, Ca, I have decided to publish this DVD and reach out to wider circles of expectant couples. Whether preparing for your first childbirth experience or looking to refresh your memory, practicing for an active birth is the best resource to learn coping techniques and comfort measures for your upcoming childbirth and practice until you own them.
Practicing labor support tools regularly while preparing for childbirth is the only way to gain muscle memory and make these coping tools and techniques your habitual response to labor contractions. The daily practice will help you gain confidence and rely on these techniques during your healthy birth.
Read our excellent reviews on Amazon.
With this DVD, you will learn to:
- Understand the physiology and anatomy of childbirth and the relationships between these and your comfort measures.
- Learn a wide variety of childbirth positions and use them wisely, following labor phases.
- Practice different types of breathing techniques which will support the phase you are in.
- Practice relaxation.
- Practice various visualization techniques to support labor progress.
- Learn to apply massage techniques to support the birthing mother.
The DVD’s menu lets you choose what you want to practice!
Here are the DVD chapters:
- Introduction: Understanding the relationship between labor support tools and the physiology and anatomy of childbirth.
- Labor support tools for the Early phase
- Labor support tools for the Active phase
- Labor support tools for the Transition phase
- Birthing techniques and positions for safe delivery of the baby.
” I want to highly recommend it to all expectant families. Neri Choma, the instructor, and publisher of the DVD, is a local doula, doula trainer, childbirth educator, and life coach. She used to teach Practicing for Active Birth Workshop at Blossom Birth, and many of my clients took it and felt that it helped tremendously with relaxation, “mindful preparation,” and “open-mindedness” about birth.” Olga Libova, CNM
“I have reviewed the Youtube segment. Love it !! I will look forward to reviewing a complete DVD soon,” Nancy Lentz, ICEA President