The Most Comprehensive Hands-On Guide for a Healthy and Active Birth (DVD)
After teaching this workshop for 12 years in Palo Alto, Ca, I have decided to publish this DVD and reach out to wider circles of expectant couples. Whether you are preparing for your first childbirth experience, or looking to refresh your memory, practicing for an active birth is the best resource to learn coping techniques and comfort measures for your upcoming childbirth, and to practice until you own them.
Practicing labor support tools regularly while preparing for childbirth is the only way to gain memory muscle, and to make these coping tools and techniques your habitual response to labor contractions. The daily practice will help you gain confidence and rely on these techniques during your healthy birth.
Read our excellent reviews on Amazon.
With this DVD you will learn to:
- Understand the physiology and anatomy of childbirth and the relationships between these and your comfort measures.
- Learn a wide variety of childbirth positions and use them wisely; in accordance with labor phases.
- Practice different types of breathing techniques which will support the phase you are in.
- Practice relaxation.
- Practice various visualization techniques to support labor progress.
- Learn to apply massage techniques to support the birthing mother.
The DVD’s menu allows you to choose what you want to practice!
Here are the DVD chapters:
- Introduction: Understanding the relationship between labor support tools and the physiology and anatomy of childbirth.
- Labor support tools for Early phase
- Labor support tools for Active phase
- Labor support tools for Transition phase
- Birthing techniques and positions for safe delivery of the baby.
” I want to highly recommend it to all expectant families. Neri Choma, the instructor and publisher of the DVD, is a local doula, doula trainer, childbirth educator and life coach. She used to teach Practicing for Active Birth Workshop at Blossom Birth, and many of my clients took and felt that it helped tremendously with relaxation, “mindful preparation” and “open-mindedness” about birth.” Olga Libova, CNM
“I have reviewed the You tube segment. Love it !! I will look forward to reviewing a complete DVD soon” Nancy Lentz, ICEA President
The techniques in this video really work! My doula suggested I get this dvd so that my husband and I could practice for our first birth at home. We watched the dvd together to learn about the stages of labor and birth, and practiced the positions, massage and movements along with the video. It was a great supplement to the birth class, and really could have been used in place of the birth class. When my water broke, we let the doula know and started the movements and positions from the dvd. I used the stage 1 techniques while getting ready and waiting for my husband to get home. When I arrived at the hospital I was already 5 cm dilated. My doula asked why I didn’t ask her to come sooner. My answer? I didn’t realize I was that far along in my labor because I wasn’t in immense pain. I used the movements from this video to cope right into active labor. We moved right into the next stage of motions from the dvd continued using it’s suggested activities through the birth. I had a fantastic natural labor with no pain medication! My family and I are big fans of this video. (Liz A., Amazon Buyer)
Latest posts by rami (see all)
- Practicing for an Active Birth - May 5, 2014
- The Birth Coach Method – A Paradigm Shift in the Field of Birth Support - April 28, 2014
- Practicing for an Active Birth; Learn a New Set of Responses to Labor and birth. - April 28, 2014