Prerequisites for Pregnancy & Birth Coach Certification
Successful completion of the following prerequisites will make the participant eligible to be certified as a Pregnancy and Birth Coach and listed on our site.
- Complete the online self-study of all the course lessons.
- Attend at least 80% of the Zoom meetings provided for the course’s session you enrolled in.
- Submit the 20 Days Action Plan.
- Pass the final exam (scoring at least 70%).
- Have at least one-year experience practicing as a birth support practitioner (birth or postpartum doula, childbirth educator, prenatal yoga instructor, nursing degree, midwifery or other), or
- If you are new to the field of birth support and aren’t trained as a birth support practitioner of any type, we will require you to study a list of pre-requisite classes offered by Birth Coach Method.
- Print and sign the code of ethics and scope of practice agreement.
- Annual renewal of Birth Coach Method membership listing – $60 annually.